Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wrapping Up 2016: My Year in Books


Hello everybody! Happy New Year!! :)
So. Today is Saturday, 22.23 P.M in Western Indonesia Time when I wrote this post. It means I'm only a couple hours away from New Year. I hope you all have a blast celebrating New Year wherever you are. Although I was kinda hoping I'd be in New York City, alas. it was just a wish. Anyway, since Goodreads have been hounding me about my year in books, I finished adding several last minute books.

And I have to say, I am rather proud of my achievement this year. Admittedly, there are people with higher bars than the one I set at the start of 85 books. I finished with 94. Not too shabby, eh?


Okay. So, 94 books. Of course, most of them are Romance. But finally, FINALLY! I read Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. I was kinda late, sure, but I did manage to read it XD



And there are several memorable books that I read this year. For example, The Wall of Winnipeg and Me. I can't count how many times I read that book, it was an amazing story, albeit very tame in the romance department. Mariana Zapata is now my top list author with her slow-burn kind of romance, but so very beautiful. It's also the longest book on my list. Hmm....

I also read more Dark Romance and Erotic Romance this year, like Destroyed by Pepper Winters, Dirty Ugly Toy by K. Webster. Dark Romance is not my usual cup of tea, though, so I struggled a bit while reading them, mainly because I'm not used with the nature of Dark Romance.



Overall, in reading, I'm relatively successful, because I'm not too far behind from last years' achievements. Yes, real life and responsibilities would probably always be big hurdles when all we ever want is to read and read. I can't say I'm satisfied, but there were times in this year when I just can't read. I even got into a point where I don't even want to read any book.

In blogging? Not as successful. This year, I got into several review-blocks. I couldn't figure out what to review. I wasn't in the mood. I was too busy that opening my social media once a week had become a chore, and I didn't have energy for it. There were months that I just didn't write a single review, not even quick ones. I got too distracted by personal troubles. I even delayed my plan of having a domain for this book blog, since I couldn't seem to be very consistent in posting new posts.

I didn't make any fancy wishes for next year, I just hope I will be better at being consistent and stable. I want to write more, to publish more reviews and book-related posts. And I just wish this blog wouldn't end up buried, even though this blog was dedicated for fun and I didn't plan on making any profit from it.

For the next few days, I have a couple posts about my top series this year, and my most memorable books.

Good bye, 2016! I hope 2017 will be a better year for all of us :)

See you next year! XO

2 comments:

  1. ebuset, cover short book-nya bikin gagal fokus. /ditabok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya namanya juga BDSM *kalem *tabok

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments :)
Any comment is welcome! Spams, commercials, and offensive comments will be deleted promptly.

Thank you for visiting~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...