Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review: Ride Steady

Title : Ride Steady
Series : Chaos #3
Author : Kristen Ashley
ISBN : 1455533238 (ISBN13: 9781455533237)
Edition : Ebook
Publisher : Grand Central Publishing (June 2015)
Page counts : 656 pages
Language : English
Genre : Adult, Contemporary Romance
Average Rating : 4.48 (per November 29, 2015)
Hotness Scale : 3/5
Add to Goodreads
Also Check : Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4)

BLURB:   
The ride of her life . . .

Once upon a time, Carissa Teodoro believed in happy endings. Money, marriage, motherhood: everything came easy---until she woke up to the ugly truth about her Prince Charming. Now a struggling, single mom and stranded by a flat tire, Carissa's pondering her mistakes when a vaguely familiar knight rides to her rescue on a ton of horsepower.

Climb on and hold tight . . .

In high school, Carson Steele was a bad boy loner who put Carissa on a pedestal where she stayed far beyond his reach. Today, he's the hard-bodied biker known only as Joker, and from the way Carissa's acting, it's clear she's falling fast. While catching her is irresistible, knowing what to do with her is a different story. A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady with Carissa---or ride away forever . . .

After a debate with myself, and because I am a hopeless curious, I picked up Ride Steady. Even after I jumped to the fourth book without reading the first three. I guess I'll just read this series backward. Though, I admit, not many biker books make me fawn all over them. Walk Through Fire is one. I didn't expect to love this series, though.

Going back a bit, before all the drama of High and Millie. Few years back, in high school, Carson Steele was this broody but popular kid, seeing as his alcoholic father often hit him. Carissa Teodoro was the cheerleader, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, though one of the kindest girls he ever knew. Long story short, Carson decided to run away from home and not too long later, he joined Chaos MC.

Fast forward now, Carson a.k.a Joker is a master in building custom rides. He doesn't look back to his past. He loves his job, he loves his club. And then he finds Carissa on the side of the road, with a flat tire, and a baby on tow. He helps her, of course, though Carissa doesn't seem to recognize him.


Carissa is having the most difficult time of her life. With her asshole ex-husband making her life hell, the last thing she needs is another complication. But when this unknown biker comes to her rescue, she finds herself not wanting to let this man go. Slowly, she gets to know Joker, and their relationship builds fast.

I started crushing on the man you became even bigger than I'd crushed on you back then.

Joker is intense, though less than his brethren, like say, Tack. He's somehow calmer even when he's being bossy. Yes, at first, he doesn't want to tangle with Carissa again. But the temptation is pretty strong. Carissa herself is somewhat a damsel in distress, but the way she cares and loves her son, Travis, is endearing. Her circumstances are depressing, with an asshole ex. But she's pretty brave and tough in my eyes, acting as a single parent to Travis.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate Aaron, her ex. I wanna strangle him. And kick his nuts. He was an asshole at high school, a bigger selfish asshole in his adult life. The way he makes Carissa's life, aaargh. Cheating is one thing, but treating his ex like he does Carissa? Ugh.

The story is also not as heartbreaking as High and Millie's. Well, seing as they didn't have much history before, it feels like the other romance books I've read so far. It was sweet, with only the right amount of drama. I felt all mushy seeing how Joker acts around Travis. He's just so natural! I love his dynamic with Carissa, the way he treats her.

And man, I see Lee Nightingale again! And Knight! And of course Elvira. I love how Kristen involved her other characters, and how they don't change even after years. Yeah, I admit I'm a bit confused to the overall timeline. But I was consoled with the overall good story. With a simple plot yet still complicated in the end, and the characters are pretty lovable. Not too much erotica, and I like that. I like the book, and though it only gets four stars, it's still a favorite.


2 comments:

Feel free to leave comments :)
Any comment is welcome! Spams, commercials, and offensive comments will be deleted promptly.

Thank you for visiting~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...