Saturday, November 07, 2015

Review: Walk Through Fire

Title : Walk Through Fire
Series : Chaos #4
Author : Kristen Ashley
ISBN : 1455533246 (ISBN13: 9781455533244)
Edition : Ebook (Oktober 2015)
Publisher : Grand Central Publishing
Page counts : 528 pages
Language : English
Genre : Adult, Contemporary Romance, Drama, Suspense, Erotica
Average Rating : 4.45 (per 7 November 2015)
Hotness Scale : 4/5
Read date : November 4, 2015
Add to Goodreads


BLURB:   
The flame never dies . . .

Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .

I've loved Kristen Ashley's books for a while now, ever since I tried Knight and then moved on to the whole Dream Man, Unfinished Hero, ongoing to Colorado Mountains and Chaos. So far, I rarely got disappointed, because I actually like Kristen's kind of heroes (a bit badass, a lot bossy, a whole universe of sweetness and devotion).

I wasn't a big fans of biker romance, actually. That was why I haven't started on Chaos. I'm always a bit hesitant in reading biker books. But because Ride Steady is a nominee in Goodreads Choice Award, and I was intrigued by the blurb, I gave it a shot.

Let me tell you something. If you're a bit touchy and likely going to cry, prepare your kleenex. Seriously. I did cry a few times, my heart hurts for Millie.

I gave up everything so you could have it all!
Twenty years ago, for the most beautiful three years of their lives, Logan "High" Judd and Millie Cross were the 'it' couple. High was just a Chaos recruit. Their love was a bright thing, a beauty. Until the day Millie decided she wanted to let him go. That decision destroyed the both of them, and they did what they could to move on.


Now, High is a full brother in Chaos. Meeting Millie again is something he doesn't anticipate: worse, his feelings are mixed up because he's still burned with what Millie did to their relationship. Now High is a father of two, moving on. But when Millie shows up again in his life, High is going to do what he could for revenge. And High will find out how much Millie sacrificed for him--his happiness, his future--despite her having to walk through fire to give him that.

It was only you. It was always only you, Logan. No boyfriend, no lover, hell, not event that first fucking date.

Of all Kristen's books, aside of Raid, Walk Through Fire is definitely a favorite. I love the connections and the drama, though I cried a few times to get past the next page. I was equally happy, sad, heartbroken, angry. My emotions are involved, I felt Millie's pains and also, High's. High says some pretty awful things to Millie, he's a total jerk. But what Millie endured for them, I saw something beautiful. The kind of love that's different with what I usually read.

I was in an emotional wringer after reading this book. Wrecked, and totally worth my zombie-like state the next day at class. Just as usual Kristen's books, there are a lot of cussing. I love this book, like, absolutely. The main characters are over forties but still, I feel like reading twenty-somethings, the way their chemistry explodes like that. I also love how Kristen includes a few characters from her previous books, and I love seeing my favorite characters, like Mitch, Hawk. And Elvira, ohmigod, that girl is a nutty crazy chick.

Reading this book is also a temptation to read the others. So, be prepared :)

Waking up in love with you. Day's almost done, gonna go to sleep more in love with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments :)
Any comment is welcome! Spams, commercials, and offensive comments will be deleted promptly.

Thank you for visiting~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...