Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review: Six of Hearts

Title : Six of Hearts
Series : Hearts #1
Author : L.H. Cosway
ISBN : 1508536589 (ISBN13: 9781508536581)
Edition : Paperback (July 2014)
Publisher : CreateSpace
Page counts : 358 pages
Language : English
Genre : Adult, Contemporary Romance, Mystery
Average Rating : 4.12 (per 15 November 2015)
Hotness Scale : 3/5
Read date : November 3rd, 2015
Add to Goodreads

BLURB:   
Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.

I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.

Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.

But most of all, I put on a good show.

The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn't. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.

She doesn't remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this–if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.

So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.

I've only got one heart, and after I've pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.

So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

Six of Hearts was one of my 'take a leap of faith' books, seeing that I originally never read Cosway's books. And actually, I haven't read a book about an Illusionist, which is a shame. Though, in my defense, my book recommendations rarely ventures out of billionaires or ordinary guys.

Anyway, I'm glad I bought this books.


See, I fell in love with the characters. Jay Fields and Matilda Brandon meet when Jay is looking for a solicitor (that's an attorney in Dublin, which is just awesome, since I love Ireland and all that). Jay is one of the best Illusionist in the world, with his own stage and TV shows. One incident caused Jay to look for an attorney for himself while he's in Dublin. Though he couldn't get one, he does manage to stay with Matilda as a renter. Crazy, huh?

When I look at you, my head clears. Most times there's a storm up in this brain of mine, but then you walk into a room and I can focus.
-Jay Fields

Their attraction is fast, and Jay's tender, funny persona gets through Matilda quickly. Though Jay is hiding the real reason he went back to Dublin. And what he wants actually is revenge for the six people he loves and lost---the reason of his six of hearts tattoo.

Jay is funny, thoughtful, sexy, and overall a kind man. It's refreshing for me, because I admit, I need a break from alpha bossy men. He makes his intention and attraction to Matilda clear, and he's so honest with his feelings. Jay can't get into a relationship with Matilda because of what he's keeping. But their chemistry, wow.

Matilda is funny too. She's loyal, and though at first she's hesitant about Jay and her feelings, she comes to accept and support Jay. I love how they interract, sweet and romantic, but hot too. The tricks Jay does are all cool, makes me want to see one of them live. Jay's character reminds me somehow with Jack Wilder's character from Now You See Mee. Jay thrive from his tricks because he feels that they help him retain the childhood he lost.

Why not live with the magic? Be a kid again and believe in the fantastical. Life is more fun with a little smoke and mirrors.

Overall, this book is one of the great reads I did this year. The romance is good, the plot is intriguing, and well, Jay is one sexy illusionist. Now I'm going to move on to his brother, and I'm wondering about how they're going to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments :)
Any comment is welcome! Spams, commercials, and offensive comments will be deleted promptly.

Thank you for visiting~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...