Friday, November 06, 2015

Review: Kian

Title : Kian
Author : Tijan
ASIN : B016TO0AOG
Edition : Kindle (Oktober 2015)
Page : 308 pages
Language : English
Genre : New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Average Rating : 3.98 (per 3 November 2015)
Hotness Scale: 2/5
Read Date : 29 Oktober 2015
Add to Goodreads

BLURB:   
Dark. Mysterious. Gorgeous.
Loved by all the girls.
Respected by all the guys.
...that was Kian Maston.

As the heir to a billion dollar empire, his future was promising until the day he saved my life. Everything changed for both of us, and there was one more word that could be used to describe him—dangerous.

The nation fell in love with him while falling in hate with me. He was sent to prison, and as far as they were concerned, it was my fault. I was forced to go into hiding until today.

Kian's being released from prison, and he should go back to being the golden boy he always was supposed to be. I should remain in hiding, living my life as normal as could be.

That's what we should do...

Tijan. Her name is pretty unfamiliar for me, although I've read her two books in Carter Reed (book 1 and 2). I admit, she has a penchant for writing a dark-but-gentle heroes. Just like Carter Reed, Kian is dark, though not screwed up.

Kian Maston killed Jordan's stepfather when he was going to kill Jordan. Kian went to prison for it. As Kian is the Golden Boy, the whole town blamed Jordan for Kian's arrest. There were the whole media circus and the slew of reporters chasing Jordan every day, and eventually she had to scrap up her life and started over. For a few years, she was safe under the name Josslyn. And then Kian is released from prison and he wants to see her. Josslyn is not ready to give up her safe life, but she also wants to see Kian too. Is there a middle ground for them?

Source


I was really curious, first from the cover. Since I have a fascination with dark romance or something not completely flowery, what Kian did for Jo intrigued me. And the tagline on the cover. "He killed for me". What was a girl suppose to do when the guy is someone who killed to protect?

Kian is not dark, however. Well, he did time in prison so of course he's a bit intense even if he's only 21 (or around). I love how protective he is with Jo, and his willingness to put Jo first, always, is very endearing. What Kian did might be very extreme, but deep inside, he's such a good guy I want a Kian for myself *hugging Kian*

Jo,well, my feelings for her is lukewarm at best. She's going back and forth about her feelings to Kian, although, imagining what happened to her when the media circus was on its peak, I understand a little bit. But still, she's not a girl I'd love as besties. Her best friend, Erica, now I want her as a bestie, she's loyal and gets her head straight. There's a bit similiarities, in Emma (from Carter Reed) and Jo, though I'm not going to give spoilers here.

All in all, the plot is really good, and the alternate POV really gets my head (and heart) in the story. I love the charachters, I like the story, and I want Kian's babies XD I like how Tijan makes her readers enjoy the ups and downs, without too many useless drama. Pretty straight to the point, though still intense and beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments :)
Any comment is welcome! Spams, commercials, and offensive comments will be deleted promptly.

Thank you for visiting~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...